This meal was very simple to prepare and very tasty! I used 1 tsp. ground cinnamon instead of a stick and omitted the ginger because I don't have any. I also doubled the salt like others recommended and it came out great! I will definitely make this again!
Baked Curried Brown Rice & Lentil Pilaf
Pop this fast and fragrant vegetarian dish into the oven and forget it till the timer rings. Serve as a main course on a bed of wilted spinach to add color and maximize iron absorption or serve as a side with Turkish Chicken Thighs.
4 Reviews for Baked Curried Brown Rice & Lentil Pilaf
I love how easy this is to make, and very wholesome too. Will definitely be making this again. Followed the advice of others and added a lot more salt (which I am usually too stingy with anyway).
I agree with the previous commenter -- needs 1.5 to 2 times as much salt as is called for.
As written, it produces a fragrant and mildly flavorful dish that can stand on its own as a side, but needs yogurt (or something) to serve as a main dish. The seasonings should also be increased.
I would rank this recipe as a good/great. Not in my top 25 of all time. Its decent, but nothing to write home about. Then again, the smell was FANTASTIC. It smelled like this was going to be a winner, but once tasted, it was disappointing. Which made no sense because i added 6 garlic cloves and a little bit more of the curry powder. To attempt to correct this, I added a tad bit more of salt and then the flavors popped. So I would suggest doubling the salt. I would make it again because it was super easy, but this recipe is not going to be a regular.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)