I added 4 oz. thick cut portabella mushrooms to leeks/onions--very yummy
Baked Chicken with Onions & Leeks
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Baking pieces of chicken is one of the easiest ways to put a meal on the table for your family. This mustard-glazed chicken is roasted on a bed of sliced onions, leeks and garlic that you can serve alongside it.
18 Reviews for Baked Chicken with Onions & Leeks
Super easy to put together. Great aroma when cooking. I substituted bits of chopped celery for the shallots and used basil in place of rosemary because that's what I had in the house. Worked out fine! My sister-in-law, who is a wonderful cook, chowed down and told me I'd hit to out of the ballpark with this recipe. I loved it too and loved knowing it is healthy and delicious.
This dish was very flavorful. I doubled the amount of thyme leaves as we like alot of flavor. Next time I will use more onions, as well.
My daughter is on a diet and when she was in town, I made it for her. It was a hit. It is hard to find ways to bake chicken and have it remain moist and very flavorful.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)