Really easy to make and delicious. I was surprised at how good it was based on the simple ingredient list. Raves from my husband, as well.
Baked Chicken with Onions & Leeks
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Baking pieces of chicken is one of the easiest ways to put a meal on the table for your family. This mustard-glazed chicken is roasted on a bed of sliced onions, leeks and garlic that you can serve alongside it.
18 Reviews for Baked Chicken with Onions & Leeks
I was skeptical about this recipe because I have never cooked with leeks before but it turned out great. The leeks and onions had amazing flavor and the chicken was very moist. It was extremely easy to make yet it tasted like a special meal. We will be making this again!
The combination of ingredients is a bit unusual, but this came together very well. I used dried herbs (sorry, not gonna spend $5-6 on fresh herbs when I'll likely throw out 90% of the package) and ended up with about 60% leeks, and it was pretty tasty. I only had chicken breasts on hand, which I cut up into thirds, and it must have overbaked a little because they were rather dry. But overall a successful, repeatable dish. Great lunch leftovers!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)