Taste bud heaven!!!! Unbelieveable flavors!! I love the flavor of ground chipotle chile so I increased it to 3/4 tsp. and increased the ground cumin to 2 tsp. Love the spicy combination! Used a medium sized onion and increased finely chopped celery and carrots to 1 cup each. Added 1 large clove of grated garlic and 5 cups of broth. Tasted the soup before I began to puree it and was delighted with the textures of the spicy broth and the sweet layer of the butternut squash and cooked down veggies. I decided to leave it at that stage and did not puree it. I did not add the yogurt or the chives. Folks raved about the depth of flavor in the soup. We all may not be able to visit Rancho La Puerta Spa but we can enjoy the luxurious flavors of this soup that comes from their kitchen!!
Baja Butternut Squash Soup
This silky-smooth butternut soup gets a hit of spice from chipotle, cloves and cumin. Adapted from Chef Jesùs González, Chef of La Cocina Que Canta at Rancho La Puerta.
17 Reviews for Baja Butternut Squash Soup
Followed recipe (don't always) put dollops of Greek Yorgurt on top. You need to use the Smoked Chipolte Chilie. That's what gives it the smoky flavor.
I love this recipe, made it and my hubby looooved it! He will never go back to the can soup style. I added a can of 100% coconut milk and it made it creamier and had a really nice nutty flavour :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Delicious. Like others, I used 4 cups of broth instead of six. The exact salt & pepper measurements noted are perfect; once added they took the soup to a new level. My roommate added cinnamon to hers so I might try that for my next bowl.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)