I made my own pizza dough and then made the toppings exactly as the recipe says, EXCEPT I added salt and pepper to the veggies to make it more flavorful. It was very good and very filling. I had one serving and didn't feel like I needed anything else to complete my dinner. The eggs do run a little but it wasn't a big deal. Just try to shape your pizza so that you have borders. Next time I might double the onions (I used onions instead of shallots) and caramelize them. All in all this was a great recipe and I'll definitely make it again.
Bacon, Egg & Asparagus Pizza
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
This pizza, topped with bacon, eggs and asparagus, was inspired by a wood-fired-oven pizza served at the Montpelier, Vermont, farmers’ market. Serve with: Mixed green salad.
9 Reviews for Bacon, Egg & Asparagus Pizza
I made some changes to the recipe by adding a few table spoons of pesto to the base, since it has no sauce... also instead of scrambling all 4 eggs, i scrambled two to hold everything together, then dropped two on whole.
The reviewers who mention that it's bland probably didn't season the veggies. I did season mine and added the pesto, thought it was just enough :)
This pizza was bland. We added picante sauce to it.
We did not enjoy this pizza. Dry and very bland.
This is great like quiche and pizza in one. Roll the edges up on your crust B4 baking so the egg won't run off the edge. The second time we made this I doubled the bacon, which makes it a lot better.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)