I was unable to find chard, so I used kale as a substitute. These were delicious and very filling--pretty easy to make as well! They were very flavorful, mostly due to the bacon. I will be making them again. Even my picky boyfriend liked them.
Bacon Chard Quesadillas
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
Whole-wheat tortillas are filled with smoky bacon, earthy chard and zesty Monterey Jack cheese in this quick, healthy quesadilla recipe that you can cook all in one skillet.
4 Reviews for Bacon Chard Quesadillas
These came out how I figured they would which was good. They didn't blow me away. I think the taste of the chard masked everything else. I doubt I make them again, but it was a good, healthy, quick meal for dinner.
Bacon plus chard -- how can you miss? This was easy and the leftovers worked, too. I always chop up chard stems and cook them with the onion.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)