From EatingWell: EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Instead of a heavy creamy dressing, this refreshing coleslaw is dressed with a light caraway-flavored vinaigrette. The pretty crinkled leaves of Savoy cabbage have a nutty flavor, making this slaw especially flavorful.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds,crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage, (1/2 small-to-medium cabbage)
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage, (1/4 medium cabbage), rinsed
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated onion
- Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, caraway seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add Savoy cabbage, red cabbage and onion. Toss to coat. Serve within 2 hours.
Per serving: 69 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 181 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)