Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Spinach salad is a great way to increase your family’s fruit and vegetable consumption—the challenge is getting your children (or picky eaters) to enjoy it. We’ve found that a simple, slightly sweet dressing like our Raspberry Vinaigrette, tossed with mild Boston lettuce or a baby spinach salad, with fruit or your family’s favorite vegetables, can convince most everyone to take a bite.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe, but firm, nectarine, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Add oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper to a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to combine.
- To prepare salad: Combine spinach, bell pepper and nectarine in a large bowl; toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the leftover dressing for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (98% daily value), Vitamin C (65% dv), Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer