Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Spinach salad is a great way to increase your family’s fruit and vegetable consumption—the challenge is getting your children (or picky eaters) to enjoy it. We’ve found that a simple, slightly sweet dressing like our Raspberry Vinaigrette, tossed with mild Boston lettuce or a baby spinach salad, with fruit or your family’s favorite vegetables, can convince most everyone to take a bite.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe, but firm, nectarine, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Add oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper to a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to combine.
- To prepare salad: Combine spinach, bell pepper and nectarine in a large bowl; toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the leftover dressing for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (98% daily value), Vitamin C (65% dv), Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer