Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Spinach salad is a great way to increase your family’s fruit and vegetable consumption—the challenge is getting your children (or picky eaters) to enjoy it. We’ve found that a simple, slightly sweet dressing like our Raspberry Vinaigrette, tossed with mild Boston lettuce or a baby spinach salad, with fruit or your family’s favorite vegetables, can convince most everyone to take a bite.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe, but firm, nectarine, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Add oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper to a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to combine.
- To prepare salad: Combine spinach, bell pepper and nectarine in a large bowl; toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the leftover dressing for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (98% daily value), Vitamin C (65% dv), Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer