great meal - I used diced tomatoes with green chilis to pack a bit more punch - will properly go without the capers next time - super yummy!
Orzo, a rice-shaped pasta, makes a delightful base for an authentically Greek combination of shrimp, tomatoes and feta. To serve as a side dish, omit the shrimp and drain the tomatoes before adding them.
13 Reviews for Athenian Orzo
This recipe says it serves four, but it could easily serve six. Delicious--even very picky boyfriend loved it. Simple flavors, very good.
This was so easy to make and it was so very good! I had most of the ingredients on hand and only needed to buy the feta and that shrimp. The portions were huge. I made it with whole wheat orzo which gave the dish a nice nutty flavor. I barely cooked the shrimp on the stove and they were perfectly done when they came out of the oven. I have already passed this on to my dad and told him that he has to make it!
I make this dish for all my special events. This is a wonderful dish and really wows your guests. Just don't over cook the shrimp.
I made this for a coworker when she wasn't up to cooking for herself. Her and her family really enjoyed it. Now, whenever we have a potluck at work I bring this in and see lots of smiles!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)