I've made ths several times and I just love it- everyone that has tried it also loves it. I chop up some kalamata olives instead of using capers (just not a huge fan of capers). Highly recommend!!
Orzo, a rice-shaped pasta, makes a delightful base for an authentically Greek combination of shrimp, tomatoes and feta. To serve as a side dish, omit the shrimp and drain the tomatoes before adding them.
13 Reviews for Athenian Orzo
This just kept getting better each day, even though the parsley got a bit wilted. Next time I might add a cup or two of fresh chopped kale or chard. I also didn't have capers so substituted black olives. Wish I'd added more -- as they're less salty than capers, they didn't add the same kick. Still -- great dish, and great leftovers.
I used kalamata olives chopped up instead of capers (didn't have any on hand and too lazy to go to the store). I'm not sure how it was supposed to taste with the capers, but the flavor with the olives was fantastic! Enjoy!!
I used brown rice because store didn't have whole wheat orzo, used italian seasoned tomatoes so I wouldn't have to buy the italian seasonings, used extra feta and capers, omitted crushed red pepper as I didn't have any. Turned out tasty and easy!
Easy....Great flavor...will make again....my husband just LOVED it!!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)