The last few times we've made asparagus, we kept it plain and simple. This recipe was a refreshing and delicious new way to make asparagus! This was the first time I've used anchovies/anchovy paste in a recipe, and I cannot wait to try it in another recipe-maybe pasta next time. The only thing we did differently was double the garlic, because we can't seem to get enough of the stuff.
Asparagus with Anchovies & Garlic
From EatingWell: April/May 2006
Think bold Caesar-salad flavors meet asparagus. This preparation will kick you in the taste buds with assertive garlic, spicy red pepper and rich, salty anchovy.
5 Reviews for Asparagus with Anchovies & Garlic
I made this recipe because my husband loves anchovies but hates asparagus. So I thought I could disguise the asparagus with the anchovy paste. Not only did he eat this dish but he even enjoyed it! I will make this dish again.
I tried this recipe because I had a tube of anchovie paste in my fridge and wanted to use it. The recipe turned out to be quite delicious. I think I may actually buy the paste again just to make asparagus this way!
Bethany, Wellington, FL
This is our favorite way of preparing asparagus. Don't let the anchovies put you off - adds a nutty flavor, not at all fishy. You can buy wonderful asparagus now year round.
Sandra, Plano, TX
A new way to make asparagus for me. I love the salty garlic flavor!
Sara, Colchester, VT
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)