Asparagus Topped with Creamy Tarragon Sauce
From EatingWell: April/May 2006
This sauce is like a luscious, creamy bearnaise sauce without all the calories and fat.
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, water, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the sauce for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 114 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 350 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (42% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- April/May 2006