Asian Tofu Salad
The best thing about tofu - besides its nutritional value - is the way it carries other flavors, such as the tanginess of this sesame dressing. Serve this warm salad with crunchy breadsticks and a tall glass of iced jasmine tea.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes total. Remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon of the dressing to the pan and stir to coat.
- Toss greens, carrots and cucumber with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 1) will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Whisk just before using.
Per serving: 236 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 5 g fiber; 454 mg sodium; 749 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (180% daily value), Folate (41% dv), Vitamin C (38% dv), Calcium (29% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 2 fat , 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation