Asian Tofu Salad
The best thing about tofu - besides its nutritional value - is the way it carries other flavors, such as the tanginess of this sesame dressing. Serve this warm salad with crunchy breadsticks and a tall glass of iced jasmine tea.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes total. Remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon of the dressing to the pan and stir to coat.
- Toss greens, carrots and cucumber with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 1) will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Whisk just before using.
Per serving: 236 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 5 g fiber; 454 mg sodium; 749 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (180% daily value), Folate (41% dv), Vitamin C (38% dv), Calcium (29% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 2 fat , 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique