Asian Tofu Salad
The best thing about tofu - besides its nutritional value - is the way it carries other flavors, such as the tanginess of this sesame dressing. Serve this warm salad with crunchy breadsticks and a tall glass of iced jasmine tea.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes total. Remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon of the dressing to the pan and stir to coat.
- Toss greens, carrots and cucumber with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 1) will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Whisk just before using.
Per serving: 236 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 5 g fiber; 454 mg sodium; 749 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (180% daily value), Folate (41% dv), Vitamin C (38% dv), Calcium (29% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 2 fat , 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique