I am always looking for easy after work meals. I was able to prepare and get on the table within a half hour! My young daughter also lent a hand. I substituted ground venison and it was enjoyed by the whole family. I might not use the watercress next time but it is a personal preference.
Asian "Salisbury" Steak
The original Salisbury steak was named after a popular late-19th-century diet doctor who recommended a high-protein diet. This version only resembles the classic in name and shape--the flavors are Asian rather than European and it's served atop a tender bed of sauteed watercress. Make It a Meal: Add brown rice or rice noodles and a cold Tsingtao beer.
16 Reviews for Asian "Salisbury" Steak
I cooked my patties in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes and the meat with phenomenal.
I thought this recipe was simple to put together and absolutely delicious. I made a few minor additions by adding grilled onions and fresh thyme to the sauce which made the presentation restaurant worthy! I also substituted roasted red peppers instead of finely chopped raw bell peppers. I cooked the meat on a grill pan to seal in the juices and crust up the outside. I served this alongside a smashed potate and french beans. I would consider this a "company is coming over meal."
Prepared this with spinach and nixed the sauce. Very good. Easy to make the patties and refrigerate them to pop in the oven and cook later. Also allows the flavors to mingle.
This was very good. Prepared the meat the night before. I didn't use the watercress, doubled the sauce and boiled it in a pot until it was slightly thickened.Served it with a brown rice pilaf. I plan to make this regularly.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)