From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Pureeing roasted red peppers makes a colorful, creamy dressing for convenient water chestnuts and blanched snow peas.
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 8 ounces snow peas, blanched
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers or pimientos
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Combine water chestnuts and snow peas in a medium bowl.
- Puree roasted red peppers (or pimientos) with soy sauce and oil. Pour over the vegetables and toss to combine.
Per serving: 80 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 193 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)