Arugula Salad with Honey-Drizzled Peaches
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Rich, nutty pecans complement the creamy tang of the goat cheese and peppery arugula balances the sweet juicy peaches and drizzle of honey in a simple, satisfying salad that lets the pure flavors of the ingredients shine.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 6 cups baby arugula, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 but firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Place pecans in a shallow dish. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roll goat cheese log in the pecans to coat. Refrigerate the log until firm, if necessary, then cut into 8 rounds.
- Place arugula in a medium bowl. Add oil, lemon zest and juice and toss to coat; season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Divide the arugula among 4 shallow bowls. Nestle 2 peach halves into each portion of greens, top each half with a round of pecan-crusted goat cheese and drizzle each salad with 1 tablespoon honey.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped pecans, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 294 calories; 16 g fat (5 g sat, 7 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 253 mg sodium; 404 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2.5
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 high-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2008