Arugula Salad with Honey-Drizzled Peaches
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Rich, nutty pecans complement the creamy tang of the goat cheese and peppery arugula balances the sweet juicy peaches and drizzle of honey in a simple, satisfying salad that lets the pure flavors of the ingredients shine.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 6 cups baby arugula, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 but firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Place pecans in a shallow dish. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roll goat cheese log in the pecans to coat. Refrigerate the log until firm, if necessary, then cut into 8 rounds.
- Place arugula in a medium bowl. Add oil, lemon zest and juice and toss to coat; season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Divide the arugula among 4 shallow bowls. Nestle 2 peach halves into each portion of greens, top each half with a round of pecan-crusted goat cheese and drizzle each salad with 1 tablespoon honey.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped pecans, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 294 calories; 16 g fat (5 g sat, 7 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 253 mg sodium; 404 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2.5
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 high-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- July/August 2008