Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Sautéed onions, prosciutto and fontina cheese flavor this white pizza. Topping the hot-out-of-the-oven pizza with fresh greens and diced tomatoes gives it a delicious, summery twist. We use store-bought pizza dough to keep it quick. Serve with: Crunchy vegetables and your favorite dip.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded fontina or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups packed coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, prosciutto and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until the onion is beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the crust and top with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with arugula and tomato.
Per serving: 306 calories; 11 g fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono); 28 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 2 g fiber; 600 mg sodium; 140 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 2009