A creamy garlic dressing is a nice foil for peppery greens. Feel free to substitute watercress for the arugula.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Place garlic on a cutting board and crush. Sprinkle with salt and use the flat of a chefâ€™s knife blade to mash the garlic to a paste; transfer to a serving bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, mayonnaise, oil and parsley. Season with pepper. Add arugula and mushrooms; toss to coat with the dressing.
Per serving: 62 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 188 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation