A creamy garlic dressing is a nice foil for peppery greens. Feel free to substitute watercress for the arugula.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Place garlic on a cutting board and crush. Sprinkle with salt and use the flat of a chefâ€™s knife blade to mash the garlic to a paste; transfer to a serving bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, mayonnaise, oil and parsley. Season with pepper. Add arugula and mushrooms; toss to coat with the dressing.
Per serving: 62 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 188 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique