Arugula & Feta Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This fresh arugula and feta salad recipe is dressed with a tangy strawberry vinaigrette made from a base of fresh pureed strawberries. If you can't find the sweetest strawberries, don’t worry—strawberries with a little more pucker are wonderfully suited to salads, salad dressings and vinaigrette recipes, as we use them here.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 spring onion or scallion, trimmed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon agave nectar or sugar (optional)
- 10 cups arugula (about 5 ounces), trimmed if necessary
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Puree 4 strawberries and onion (or scallion) in a small food processor or blender until chopped. Add garlic, vinegar, oil, tarragon, mustard, salt and pepper; pulse until well combined. Taste and add a little agave (or sugar) if the dressing is too tart.
- Toss arugula and feta in a large bowl. Slice the remaining strawberries and add to the bowl. Toss the salad with the dressing.
Per serving: 118 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 326 mg sodium; 153 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (52% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 medium fat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2013