Arugula & Feta Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This fresh arugula and feta salad recipe is dressed with a tangy strawberry vinaigrette made from a base of fresh pureed strawberries. If you can't find the sweetest strawberries, don’t worry—strawberries with a little more pucker are wonderfully suited to salads, salad dressings and vinaigrette recipes, as we use them here.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 spring onion or scallion, trimmed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon agave nectar or sugar (optional)
- 10 cups arugula (about 5 ounces), trimmed if necessary
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Puree 4 strawberries and onion (or scallion) in a small food processor or blender until chopped. Add garlic, vinegar, oil, tarragon, mustard, salt and pepper; pulse until well combined. Taste and add a little agave (or sugar) if the dressing is too tart.
- Toss arugula and feta in a large bowl. Slice the remaining strawberries and add to the bowl. Toss the salad with the dressing.
Per serving: 118 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 326 mg sodium; 153 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (52% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 medium fat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2013