Arugula & Feta Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This fresh arugula and feta salad recipe is dressed with a tangy strawberry vinaigrette made from a base of fresh pureed strawberries. If you can't find the sweetest strawberries, don’t worry—strawberries with a little more pucker are wonderfully suited to salads, salad dressings and vinaigrette recipes, as we use them here.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 spring onion or scallion, trimmed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon agave nectar or sugar (optional)
- 10 cups arugula (about 5 ounces), trimmed if necessary
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Puree 4 strawberries and onion (or scallion) in a small food processor or blender until chopped. Add garlic, vinegar, oil, tarragon, mustard, salt and pepper; pulse until well combined. Taste and add a little agave (or sugar) if the dressing is too tart.
- Toss arugula and feta in a large bowl. Slice the remaining strawberries and add to the bowl. Toss the salad with the dressing.
Per serving: 118 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 326 mg sodium; 153 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (52% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 medium fat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2013