Artichoke & White Bean Soup
From EatingWell: April 1998
Pureed artichokes and beans become luxuriously rich and creamy in this quick and simple soup. Make it a meal: Garlic-Tomato Toasts and a simple salad turn this blender soup into a tasty dinner.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans,rinsed
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh mint for garnish
- Fat-free croutons, for garnish
- Puree artichokes and beans in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the puree and broth and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint and croutons.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 6 g fiber; 693 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 plant-based protein
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient