Artichoke & White Bean Soup
From EatingWell: April 1998
Pureed artichokes and beans become luxuriously rich and creamy in this quick and simple soup. Make it a meal: Garlic-Tomato Toasts and a simple salad turn this blender soup into a tasty dinner.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans,rinsed
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh mint for garnish
- Fat-free croutons, for garnish
- Puree artichokes and beans in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the puree and broth and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint and croutons.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 6 g fiber; 693 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 plant-based protein
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient