Artichoke & White Bean Soup
From EatingWell: April 1998
Pureed artichokes and beans become luxuriously rich and creamy in this quick and simple soup. Make it a meal: Garlic-Tomato Toasts and a simple salad turn this blender soup into a tasty dinner.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans,rinsed
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh mint for garnish
- Fat-free croutons, for garnish
- Puree artichokes and beans in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the puree and broth and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint and croutons.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 6 g fiber; 693 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 plant-based protein
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient