Artichoke & Ripe Olive Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
An unusual and rich flavor combination; serve this salad with sliced tomato on a bed of lettuce or on French bread.
- 1 12-ounce can (or two 6-ounce cans) chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Combine tuna, artichokes, olives, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oregano in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 113 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 471 mg sodium; 87 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (78% daily value), Vitamin C (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 very-lean meat, 2 fat, 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- November/December 2007