Artichoke & Ripe Olive Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
An unusual and rich flavor combination; serve this salad with sliced tomato on a bed of lettuce or on French bread.
- 1 12-ounce can (or two 6-ounce cans) chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Combine tuna, artichokes, olives, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oregano in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 113 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 471 mg sodium; 87 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (78% daily value), Vitamin C (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 very-lean meat, 2 fat, 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007