Artichoke & Ripe Olive Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
An unusual and rich flavor combination; serve this salad with sliced tomato on a bed of lettuce or on French bread.
- 1 12-ounce can (or two 6-ounce cans) chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Combine tuna, artichokes, olives, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oregano in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 113 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 471 mg sodium; 87 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (78% daily value), Vitamin C (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 very-lean meat, 2 fat, 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2007