Artichoke & Ripe Olive Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
An unusual and rich flavor combination; serve this salad with sliced tomato on a bed of lettuce or on French bread.
- 1 12-ounce can (or two 6-ounce cans) chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Combine tuna, artichokes, olives, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oregano in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 113 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 471 mg sodium; 87 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (78% daily value), Vitamin C (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 very-lean meat, 2 fat, 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007