Artichoke & Ripe Olive Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
An unusual and rich flavor combination; serve this salad with sliced tomato on a bed of lettuce or on French bread.
- 1 12-ounce can (or two 6-ounce cans) chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Combine tuna, artichokes, olives, mayonnaise, lemon juice and oregano in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
Per serving: 113 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 471 mg sodium; 87 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (78% daily value), Vitamin C (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 very-lean meat, 2 fat, 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007