Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
For this healthy stuffed mushroom recipe, marinated artichokes and Parmesan cheese are mixed with thyme and panko breadcrumbs for a delicious filling. If serving at a party, you might consider doubling the recipe. These stuffed mushrooms will be devoured quickly!
- 24 medium cremini (baby bella) or white mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to low. Coat a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove and finely chop mushroom stems. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the stems, shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in artichoke hearts, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Parmesan, mayonnaise and thyme.
- Toss the mushroom caps in another bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Stuff each with filling and place in the prepared pan. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle on the mushrooms.
- Broil on the upper rack until the mushrooms are soft and the breadcrumbs are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3 up to 2 hours ahead.
Per serving: 66 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 159 mg sodium; 304 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- New Year's Eve
- September/October 2014