Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
For this healthy stuffed mushroom recipe, marinated artichokes and Parmesan cheese are mixed with thyme and panko breadcrumbs for a delicious filling. If serving at a party, you might consider doubling the recipe. These stuffed mushrooms will be devoured quickly!
- 24 medium cremini (baby bella) or white mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to low. Coat a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove and finely chop mushroom stems. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the stems, shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in artichoke hearts, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Parmesan, mayonnaise and thyme.
- Toss the mushroom caps in another bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Stuff each with filling and place in the prepared pan. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle on the mushrooms.
- Broil on the upper rack until the mushrooms are soft and the breadcrumbs are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3 up to 2 hours ahead.
Per serving: 66 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 159 mg sodium; 304 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- September/October 2014