Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
For this healthy stuffed mushroom recipe, marinated artichokes and Parmesan cheese are mixed with thyme and panko breadcrumbs for a delicious filling. If serving at a party, you might consider doubling the recipe. These stuffed mushrooms will be devoured quickly!
- 24 medium cremini (baby bella) or white mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to low. Coat a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove and finely chop mushroom stems. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the stems, shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in artichoke hearts, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Parmesan, mayonnaise and thyme.
- Toss the mushroom caps in another bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Stuff each with filling and place in the prepared pan. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle on the mushrooms.
- Broil on the upper rack until the mushrooms are soft and the breadcrumbs are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3 up to 2 hours ahead.
Per serving: 66 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 159 mg sodium; 304 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2014