Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
For this healthy stuffed mushroom recipe, marinated artichokes and Parmesan cheese are mixed with thyme and panko breadcrumbs for a delicious filling. If serving at a party, you might consider doubling the recipe. These stuffed mushrooms will be devoured quickly!
- 24 medium cremini (baby bella) or white mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to low. Coat a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove and finely chop mushroom stems. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the stems, shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in artichoke hearts, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Parmesan, mayonnaise and thyme.
- Toss the mushroom caps in another bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Stuff each with filling and place in the prepared pan. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle on the mushrooms.
- Broil on the upper rack until the mushrooms are soft and the breadcrumbs are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3 up to 2 hours ahead.
Per serving: 66 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 159 mg sodium; 304 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- 8 or more
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- September/October 2014