From EatingWell: July/August 1995
These pretty streusel-topped bars are quick to make and easy to transport. Made with unsweetened apricot preserves, they are a good source of potassium and beta carotene.
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple or cranberry juice
- 1 10-ounce jar apricot preserves, preferably “all-fruit” (1 scant cup)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Work together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda with your fingertips in a large bowl until no lumps of brown sugar remain. Drizzle oil and fruit juice over the oats and mix in with your fingertips until evenly moistened and crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping; press the remainder evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread apricot preserves over the top. Sprinkle with the reserved oat topping.
- Bake until golden, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the baking dish on a rack. Cut into 15 bars. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Per bar: 164 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995