Let's see, l pound of fresh apricots listed under ingredients.......then in the directions.....drain the apricots (reserving the syrup)....what will it be???
Originally from the Limousin region of France, clafouti is sort of a cross between a flan and a fruit-filled pancake. This one embraces apricots instead of the traditional cherries, but any fruit can be used, including apples, pears, peaches and plums. It will puff up dramatically during baking, then collapse; let it cool slightly before serving so you can truly enjoy the flavors. Leftovers make a delicious breakfast treat.
8 Reviews for Apricot-Almond Clafouti
I made this for a dinner party for 6-but I used blueberries instead.I served it was vanilla frozen yogurt. It was very easy to make, had a wonderful fragrance, and the whole thing was devoured by the six people in attendance-the men eating the lion's share!!! I would definitely make this again! A great alternative a pastry laden blueberry pie.
I am always looking for recipes that can be made fat-free which means no eggs, no butter or oils. Made this with apples/pears/cranberries instead of apricots and also used egg substitute along with egg whites as well as fat free milk - Voila! entirely fat-free and delicious.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)