I hate to add another comment, but I must. I took this to our family Christmas party (25 people) and everyone LOVED it. I made 3 double-batches, and they scarfed it down! I also made a double-batch for my friend who had surgery, and she's asking for the recipe (as is half my family!) Yum! Thanks, eatingwell.com for this fabulous recipe.
Apple Turkey Picadillo
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
This twist on the Latin American staple is made healthier with lean ground turkey and crisp apples. It doubles well. Try tucking it into whole-wheat tortillas or serve over instant brown rice for a quick and healthy supper.
17 Reviews for Apple Turkey Picadillo
My family absolutely LOVED this dish! I had to double the recipe--I'm not sure why you would cook only 8oz. of ground turkey--and it was superb. Yes, I even used two apples and two chopped tomatoes. We scooped the finished product onto warmed flour tortillas (fajita-size), and added lettuce and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
My husband added sour cream, and said he liked having the creamy texture in his "burrito," but it didn't taste that good. I'm thinking maybe next time I'll make some type of yogurt mix to add. Personally, I liked it "as-is." My seven-year old son loved it.
It's different than anything I've ever made, and the taste was unexpected, but in a good way. With the cloves, it also had a seasonal taste (autumn, harvest, cider). We'll definitely be adding this to our list of favorite meals.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)