Recently made some changes to my diet in an effort to lose weight. Made this for dinner and it was great!ni highly recommend putting over brown rice. Will definitely try this in a tortilla. Perfect fall dinner!
Apple Turkey Picadillo
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
This twist on the Latin American staple is made healthier with lean ground turkey and crisp apples. It doubles well. Try tucking it into whole-wheat tortillas or serve over instant brown rice for a quick and healthy supper.
17 Reviews for Apple Turkey Picadillo
I was a little skeptical as I was making this...but surprised by how good it was! I don't like olives, so left them out but other than that made just as instructed. Served over rice it was delicious, but I really want to try it with tortillas next time because I'm sure the tastes will compliment perfectly. It was like, the more I ate it - the better it tasted, and very flavorful and satisfying. Also great the next day for lunch.
This was different than most "burrito-type fillings" and I felt good about serving it since it had more fiber and vitamins. We liked it over brown rice.
This would have been really good, if there wasn't so much vinegar. Decrease the vinegar to 1 tsp.
Yum. I also grew up with this dish born and raised in California and always loved it spicy and tangy. Add some chopped de-veined jalapeno, finish it with some cilantro and a squirt of lime juice. YUM!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)