Apple & Veggie Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy vegetarian breakfast-sandwich recipe comes together in 5 minutes, but has plenty of protein from a vegetarian sausage patty and fiber from the whole-wheat bread and apple to keep you satisfied all morning long.
- 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 frozen vegetarian sausage patty
- 1 teaspoon raspberry jam
- 4 thin slices apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- Toast bread. Microwave sausage patty until hot, about 30 seconds, or according to package directions. Crumble. Spread jam on 1 piece of toast. Top with the sausage, apple slices, cheese and the remaining slice of toast. Cut in half and serve.
Per serving: 320 calories; 8 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 46 g carbohydrates; 12 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 6 g fiber; 458 mg sodium; 151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (18% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 medium fat meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2013
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)