Apple & Oat Granola
From EatingWell: October 1998
Dried apples, cranberries and raisins are a tangy combination in this crunchy oat granola.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple-juice concentrate,thawed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle with apple-juice concentrate, maple syrup and oil; toss until evenly moistened. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake granola until light golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with dried apples, raisins and dried cranberries. Cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for two months.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 222 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 79 mg sodium; 298 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1998