Apple & Oat Granola
From EatingWell: October 1998
Dried apples, cranberries and raisins are a tangy combination in this crunchy oat granola.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple-juice concentrate,thawed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle with apple-juice concentrate, maple syrup and oil; toss until evenly moistened. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake granola until light golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with dried apples, raisins and dried cranberries. Cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for two months.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 222 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 79 mg sodium; 298 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1998