Apple & Oat Granola
From EatingWell: October 1998
Dried apples, cranberries and raisins are a tangy combination in this crunchy oat granola.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple-juice concentrate,thawed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle with apple-juice concentrate, maple syrup and oil; toss until evenly moistened. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake granola until light golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with dried apples, raisins and dried cranberries. Cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for two months.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 222 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 79 mg sodium; 298 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1998