Apple & Oat Granola
From EatingWell: October 1998
Dried apples, cranberries and raisins are a tangy combination in this crunchy oat granola.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple-juice concentrate,thawed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle with apple-juice concentrate, maple syrup and oil; toss until evenly moistened. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake granola until light golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with dried apples, raisins and dried cranberries. Cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for two months.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 222 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 79 mg sodium; 298 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1998