Apple & Oat Granola
From EatingWell: October 1998
Dried apples, cranberries and raisins are a tangy combination in this crunchy oat granola.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple-juice concentrate,thawed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle with apple-juice concentrate, maple syrup and oil; toss until evenly moistened. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake granola until light golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with dried apples, raisins and dried cranberries. Cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for two months.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 222 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 79 mg sodium; 298 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Magnesium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- October 1998