what can u substitute for eggs for vegetarians?
Apple-Cinnamon Fruit Bars
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
These easy apple-cinnamon fruit bars make a big batch—perfect for fall potlucks and parties.
5 Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Fruit Bars
I made the crust with oatmeal, and used orange juice instead of apple cider. They turned out great! They're extremely good right after they cool down, and okay after they have been in the fridge for a day (maybe they would taste better if warmed up)? My spouse said they tasted like little apple pies! :)
My family and I loved these...I followed the recipe using 1/2 walnuts and 1/2 oats. They would be perfect for a pot luck dessert. One piece of advice: let them cool completely before covering or they get soggy.
I changed my recipe to apple/strawberry, cutting to 5 cups apple and 1 cup strawberry. Reducing sugar by 1/4 cup. Omitted the cinnamon. I would love to try making just an oatmeal bar, made out of the crust and more oatmeal. Great, took to church potluck, cut servings in half and I came home with an empty plate. Big success.
A coworker brought this to work. It was wonderful!!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)