Apple Butter Topping
From EatingWell: November/December 1996
Somehow a waffle just seems naked without a pat of butter melting into the ridges. This topping stretches a small amount of butter with fruity, fat-free apple butter.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place butter in a small mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add apple butter, beating until smooth. (The consistency may appear somewhat separated, but don’t worry"the topping will melt evenly over the hot waffle.) Blend in vanilla and cinnamon.
Per serving: 77 calories; 4 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 23 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)