Antipasti Pasta Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This Italian pasta salad recipe has all the flavors of antipasto—salami, Provolone and pepperoncini— tossed together with a tangy vinaigrette and whole-wheat pasta. This healthy antipasti pasta salad is perfect for a light dinner. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) whole-wheat medium shells
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup quartered canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cubed salami
- 5 tablespoons shredded Provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Combine oil, broth, vinegar, marjoram, shallots, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. (Or whisk in a bowl.)
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add fennel, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, beans, salami, cheese, pepperoncini, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: 298 calories; 14 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 7 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 269 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (64% daily value), Vitamin A (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2013