Antipasti Pasta Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This Italian pasta salad recipe has all the flavors of antipasto—salami, Provolone and pepperoncini— tossed together with a tangy vinaigrette and whole-wheat pasta. This healthy antipasti pasta salad is perfect for a light dinner. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) whole-wheat medium shells
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup quartered canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cubed salami
- 5 tablespoons shredded Provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Combine oil, broth, vinegar, marjoram, shallots, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. (Or whisk in a bowl.)
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add fennel, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, beans, salami, cheese, pepperoncini, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: 298 calories; 14 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 7 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 269 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (64% daily value), Vitamin A (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 2013