Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy cekdadg
Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers
Instead of batter-dipped, deep-fried nuggets, we coat chicken tenders in a seasoned almond and whole-wheat flour crust and then oven-fry them to perfection. With half the fat of standard breaded chicken tenders, you can enjoy to your (healthy) heart's content.
34 Reviews for Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers
This was very easy to make, my husband - who doesn't ordinarily like much (especially anything healthy) really liked this chicken. It was a little dry, but nothing a little hot sauce didn't fix...plus I probably over did the chicken on my own.
Does anybody know if egg whites instead instead of whole eggs are used for health reasons or because the outcome will be influenced?
I doubled the recipe and I didn't use blender, just chopped my silvered almonds and added to the dry ingredients without oil. I only used about 2 egg whites with a doubled recipe. Put them on a cooling rack sprayed with oil then sprayed the tops of my tenders and slid a cookie sheet under them for drips. 25 minutes in convect oven was perfect. I dipped mine in a little ranch dressing & my husband drizzled some honey on his. I also cooked the grilled green beans and had roasted cauliflower with Parmesan sprinkled on top. Delicious meal.
So easy. Thanks!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)