Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy cekdadg
Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers
Instead of batter-dipped, deep-fried nuggets, we coat chicken tenders in a seasoned almond and whole-wheat flour crust and then oven-fry them to perfection. With half the fat of standard breaded chicken tenders, you can enjoy to your (healthy) heart's content.
34 Reviews for Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers
This was very easy to make, my husband - who doesn't ordinarily like much (especially anything healthy) really liked this chicken. It was a little dry, but nothing a little hot sauce didn't fix...plus I probably over did the chicken on my own.
Does anybody know if egg whites instead instead of whole eggs are used for health reasons or because the outcome will be influenced?
I doubled the recipe and I didn't use blender, just chopped my silvered almonds and added to the dry ingredients without oil. I only used about 2 egg whites with a doubled recipe. Put them on a cooling rack sprayed with oil then sprayed the tops of my tenders and slid a cookie sheet under them for drips. 25 minutes in convect oven was perfect. I dipped mine in a little ranch dressing & my husband drizzled some honey on his. I also cooked the grilled green beans and had roasted cauliflower with Parmesan sprinkled on top. Delicious meal.
So easy. Thanks!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)