Almond Cream with Strawberries
A dollop of lightly sweetened ricotta over fresh berries makes a sophisticated, super-simple dessert.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons sugar or Splenda Granular
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Hull strawberries, slice and divide among 4 dessert plates. Mix ricotta with sugar (or Splenda) and almond extract until smooth. Spoon over the berries and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
Per serving: 189 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (82% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 medium-fat meat
Nutrition Note: Per serving with Splenda: 1; 168 calories, 12 g carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less