Almond Cream with Strawberries
A dollop of lightly sweetened ricotta over fresh berries makes a sophisticated, super-simple dessert.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons sugar or Splenda Granular
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Hull strawberries, slice and divide among 4 dessert plates. Mix ricotta with sugar (or Splenda) and almond extract until smooth. Spoon over the berries and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
Per serving: 189 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (82% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 medium-fat meat
Nutrition Note: Per serving with Splenda: 1; 168 calories, 12 g carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit