A very earthy dish. Second time around making this soup, i added more spices to bring out more flavors of the curry. I added, cumin seeds, whole cloves, paprika, cardamon, coriander, with a bit of garlic powder.
African Peanut Soup
From EatingWell: May/June 1998
This earthy soup is traditionally served during Kwanzaa celebrations in the United States. Pantry items make it a snap to whip up on any night.
6 Reviews for African Peanut Soup
I have to admit I was a little scared off by the idea of the peanut butter/ tomato soup combo but am so glad I tried it! I don't use condensed soups so opted for Amy's organic tomato soup (2 cans) and skipped the broth. I will be making this again and again and again!
Delicious, fast & easy. I didn't have tomato soup, used diced tomatoes. Tasted so fresh. Will definitely double the batch next time.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)