I only had half the mint on hand, but it was just enough to add a really nice dimension to the dish. I also used zucchini because it was what I had on hand. We loved the dish and we will use it again.
A Gilding of Shrimp & Saffron Rice
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Golden saffron and a bounty of herbs and summer vegetables make this a beautiful and fresh-tasting dish. Don't overseason; let the flavors sing.
4 Reviews for A Gilding of Shrimp & Saffron Rice
This recipe takes 40 minutes of active preparation and another 20 minutes of passive prep. How many people have a long enough lunch hour to get home, spend an hour making lunch, and then more time to eat it? Seems very impractical for the normal weekday schedule.
I just couldn't wrap my appetite around this one. No offense to the chef, but the combination of ingredients just competed with eachother. Each bite was more grueling than the previous.
Sounds delicious! But is there a substitute I can use for the lemon juice as half my house is allergic to it (and oranges)?
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)