Greek Pasta Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
This quick, healthy Greek pasta salad recipe is tossed with all the elements of a Greek salad—plus chickpeas for added protein. This pasta salad holds well in the refrigerator or a cooler and tastes even better as the pasta absorbs the tomato-infused vinaigrette. Serve with pita chips.
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 8 ounces whole-wheat farfalle or similar-size pasta
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup quartered pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, oil and vinegar in a large bowl; let stand while you cook the pasta.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture along with chickpeas, cucumber, feta, olives and oregano; gently toss to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 480 calories; 19 g fat (5 g sat, 11 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 9 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Magnesium (22% dv), Folate (21% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 2012