Greek Pasta Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
This quick, healthy Greek pasta salad recipe is tossed with all the elements of a Greek salad—plus chickpeas for added protein. This pasta salad holds well in the refrigerator or a cooler and tastes even better as the pasta absorbs the tomato-infused vinaigrette. Serve with pita chips.
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 8 ounces whole-wheat farfalle or similar-size pasta
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup quartered pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, oil and vinegar in a large bowl; let stand while you cook the pasta.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture along with chickpeas, cucumber, feta, olives and oregano; gently toss to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 480 calories; 19 g fat (5 g sat, 11 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 9 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Magnesium (22% dv), Folate (21% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 2012